We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
8 Places to Sell Your Crafts Online
Hey crafters, this article is for YOU! Do you love crafting? Interested in making some extra money? Always wanted to sell your crafts in a side business? If so, you’re gonna be thrilled to learn about these 8 places to sell your crafts online.
Crafting is a fun, constructive way to make beautiful creations. It helps decrease stress, it’s a fun bonding activity, and it’s enjoyable. The icing on the cake? Get paid for your work! Yes, real money for your crafts. This is amazing because someone will be able to enjoy and love your creation just as much as you AND you get paid for it! Win-win, my friend.
Need some inspiration on what you can create?
Take a look at this huge list of crafts you can sell online:
- Knitwear (like scarves, mittens, hats, etc.)
- Mugs and glassware
- Paintings, drawings, and other artwork
- Digital printables
- Accessories (like socks, gloves, etc.)
- Desk accessories (like holders for mail, important documents, etc.)
- Food (my favorite)
Now, behold, 8 places to sell these awesome crafts online:
You know this one made the list. You probably have already heard of Etsy. If you’re thinking about selling homemades online, Etsy is the first marketplace that comes to mind.
Etsy has a ton of categories and they make it very easy to set up shop on their platform. Etsy is a community too so you’ll be able to find and connect with likeminded crafters, learn, make friends, network, and more!
A marketplace specifically for crafters and artisans. Their site is attractive and clean. A great alternative or nice to use in addition to Etsy.
A well-organized marketplace offering consumers an array of products including jewelry, home goods, wedding products, childrens goods, and more.
Shopify allows you to start your own online shop easily and affordably. I used this platform on my former e-commerce store (now sold) to generate up to $20K per month and 50K monthly visitors.
They offer a robust platform with every little thing you will need to make your store a success, including apps for marketing, customer service, fulfillment, dropshipping, and much more!
I really like Bonanza. I used the platform to sell a ton of stuff back in the day. They have many categories you can sell in, including: health and beauty, collectibles and art, jewelry, handbags, and much more. They have a search-friendly website which makes it easy for consumers to linger and lounge for a long time, finding their favorite handmades.
You will like Ecrater, chiefly because it’s FREE! It’s also a really great platform to shop on. You get lots of flexibility in setting up your handmade store, including multiple product photos per product, unlimited product listings, and batch options from sites like Ebay (where you transfer your Ebay products to Ecrater easily).
Ebay is HUGE! I still sell on the platform periodically for fun (and to rake in some extra cash). In fact I sold some goods a few months ago and made a cool $500! They have lots of options for stores and the listing process is super easy.
A site I am truly OBSESSED with. Sell your designs on fabric, wallpaper, gift wrap, home decor (like pillow cases), and more! How cool is that. It’s a truly custom experience. You will get so lost in the site. A great opportunity for creatives to share and sell their designs.
Are you excited yet? Let me give you some of my top tips for selling online:
- Take your time: Don’t race to get your products online. Take your time. Look through various options and take care when building your online presence.
- Have fun: People forget this one all the time. Enjoy yourself and have fun. One of the biggest advantges of crafting is how enjoyable and stress-free it usually is. Hold onto this. Selling your treasures should be a fun process.
- Diversify: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. If you decide to sell exclusively in marketplaces (all shown above except Shopify), then participate in at least 2 different marketplace. Or, try a marketplace and a Shopify store. You will be rewarded with tons more exposure and more income opportunity.
Thats all for today friends!