We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
18 Cheap Things You Must Have If You Work from Home
So, you work from Home. This can be awesome and challenging all at the same time. When I first started working from home, I loved it! Working in pajamas (yep, I did it), unlimited coffee + snacks, working and watching tv (yes, I’m one of those types), the whole thing was great but, I had pitfalls too.
When people talk about working from home, they paint a picture of a dreamy work situation that anyone would be lucky to have. Here are some challenges I faced:
- Cabin fever: When you add working from home with a natural homebody who hangs at the house for fun, you get a classic case of cabin fever. I’ve never really had this before. I don’t like to just drive around, I want to have a purpose so, I found myself making extra trips to Target and Starbucks, just to get out of the house. A few months, a few hundred dollars, and five pounds later, I realized I had to find a better outlet. Something to think about, for sure.
- No work/life balance: When You work and play in the same space, the lines become blurred. What this looks like? Having no work schedule which sounds great on the outside but what it really means is squeezing work in randomly throughout the day, glued to a laptop in bed at 1am and dare I say it, working while going to the bathroom! Yes, I said it.
- Strain on your marriage: So, this might not happen to everyone. It happened to me because hubby, who was a student at the time, did not work and attended class at night for a few hours, Monday-Friday. It might sound fun to be around your partner all day long. You think you’re gonna have romantic lunches, take long breaks in the middle of the day for day dates, etc. but, it doesn’t quite happen that way. Eventually you get sick of each other. It’s nice to have that time apart where you can “miss” your spouse. It’s healthy and leads to a healthy relationship. Definitely something you might not have in mind when you start working from home!
With the stress of working from home, there are some definite must haves that will get you through the day. These are genius and make your day a little bit brighter.
Behold, here are 18 Cheap Things You Must Have If You work from home:
Spills be gone! This nifty holder hangs off your desk and holds your cup to prevent spills and knockovers. This is great for portable coffee mugs, to-go drinks, and any handlless cup.
Because we all love to work on the couch. This ergonomic lap desk will help you do so comfortably without compromising ergonomics.
This is THE BEST for keeping your cords organized. Chargers for tablets, cell phone, Bluetooth, etc. all organized! This is a life saver.
Ok, so this case is great for everybody, not just work-from-homers. Imagine talking on your cell phone holding a super plush, cuddly case. Many think of this as a gag gift when they first see it but IT IS HEAVEN!
#5.) A fun coffee mug to wake you up
This cute mug literally wakes up right before your eyes, when warm liquid is poured in. Nuff said.
This is a set of 6 sparkle prints, in huge large size 8×10, perfect for your home office. Nothing makes work better than looking at pretty things. You’ll love this print set.
#7.) An essential oil diffuser for a smell-good office
Make your office smell amazing with this essential oil diffuser. I have had a diffuser for a year now and use it often. It’s large capacity, BPA Free and whisper quiet, to keep you focused on work.
Great for loose tea leaves and so cute! Makes a great gift!
#9.) An adjustable height desk to go from sitting to standing
Ok, so this is probably the most expensive item in this list but totally worth it. When I was working in corporate America, I had a motorized ergonomic sit/stand desk and it was incredible.
It’s nice to stand while you are working every now and then. It’s great just to have that option and this adjustable height desk gives it to you!
If you love succulents as much as I do, get this planter! It’s under $20 and the cutest thing ever!
Yep, said it, a hammock for you feet! This picture above says it ALL!
This organizer is the coolest thing. Organize your books, notebooks, office supplies and more! Did I mention it’s adjustable?
Another awesome desk topper that’s stylish + functional that puts a smile on your face. Doesn’t hurt that it’s currently under $10 too!
Another piece of pretty office decor to brighten your day. This copper pineapple will make you smile. An amazing centerpiece for your desk, living room,or any room in your home.
This cute Ombré keyboard skin will make working on your computer way more enjoyable. Compatible with MacBook Pro 13″-15″-17″ models.
These accessories come in a set, which includes:
- 1 wire pencil cup
- 1 wire tape dispenser
- 1 pair of 8″ stainless steel scissors
- 1 metal stapler
- 2 retractable pens (1mm point size)
Gift yourself or get this set for a friend!
They are cute. They’re cacti. They’re candles. You’re gonna love em. Nuff said.
There you have it, 18 Cheap Things you must have for work from Home! Do you have a favorite on the list? Share, down below in comments!